Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

HCG Note 1 - The Beginning

Yeah, I figure it would be easier to just label the title with what I intend to write as opposed to labelling it below. For people who intend to just read on the HCG diet that I am on, could just click on the relevant post and not have to wade through my incessant chatter.

What? There's going to be chatter and more whiny complaints? Yes, there is. That's me. So there.

Back to topic at hand, HCG Diet. or as Jai says it Die with a T... Since everytime you diet, you feel like dying.

Jai had told me about this diet almost as soon as she was on it. I guess she thought that among her friends I was the most desirable candidate for it (Joking Jai... I know you mean well and I thank you for introducing HCG to me).

I have always been big. Was born big (about 9 pounds 10 ounces). Was big as child, and grew even bigger as a woman. It didn't help either that I was also getting lazier to excercise as I grew older. The days when I used to leap up and dance are sort of over. My parents are big. Their parents were big as well. So, yeah... we're big.

To cut the long sob story short, one day a friend told me about the diet she was on. She told me to keep it a secret first, because she did not know how it would be accepted by other people. There have been some queries about it, and she only wanted to share with people who were open with the idea.

When I first heard about it, I was sceptic. Well, wouldn't you be? A diet that actually involves NO excercising and made you lose to about 1kg per day on average? She let me have links to the further information of the diet, which I went to, and read. But I still debated on whether to proceed or not. By this time, Jai had shared the information to everyone and some of my other friends were already on it.

To further cut the short sob story, I finally decided to try the diet out because I figured I had nothing to lose, except the weight of course. And if it did not succeed making me look like Jessica Alba, well then, at least I had tried. And the decision was made on a spur of the moment. A few friends had planned to have lunch, and Jai was going to be there, and so I asked her to bring me the supply.

And ta-da! I had made the first step.

I actually entered the program with no expectations what-so-ever. My main objective was to try it out. Most people are very ambitious and want to start out with the whole 40 day plan. Me? I was planning to go the minimum. 18 days. 18 days of my life not eating... well 18 plus another 21 of the Maintenance Phase. So, yeah. A total of about a month of severely limiting my caloric intake as well as the kind of food that I could take.

I did not even have any target of how many kilos I wanted to lose. Jai had assured me, that as long as you're on the HCG you will lose weight. And yes... I am losing weight. Not a lot, mind you. But a heck of a lot more than I ever lost during any other attempt.

In the 5 days that I have been on this diet, I have lost a total of 3.4kg. And that's including the 2 days of loading. So essentially, I lost 3.4kg for the last 3 days. This morning, I actually broke my 120 kg barrier. I weighed 119.4kg.

Yes, people. That's how much I weigh. I have always been embarassed to tell people my weight before, but I figure if I'm going to open my life to you, I might as well be honest upfront.




There you go... that's what I have lost in the short time that I have been on the HCG diet.

I do plan to write what I feel and the things I've learnt during this trying time. But it is 5:30 and I really want to go home.

Until the next post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think:

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Labels