Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

S.A.D.

No. I am not sad perse... but have been talking with a friend about SAD. Which is an acronym for Seasonal Affective Disorder... it's a depressive mmod experienced by people who are normally normal during the rest of the year, but kind of wonky during certain seasons. Many people experience it during the winter months (which is November to February in 4 seasons climates), but there are some that experience the same depression during the summer months, for reasons that may be dramatically different than the ones experienced during winter.


Wikipedia states that symptoms of S.A.D. includes difficulty waking up in the morning, morning sickness, tendency to oversleep and over eat, especially a craving for carbohydrates, which leads to weight gain. Other symptoms include a lack of energy, difficulty concentrating on or completing tasks, and withdrawal from friends, family, and social activities and decreased sex drive. All of this leads to the depression, pessimistic feelings of hopelessness, and lack of pleasure which characterize a person suffering from this disorder. People who experience spring and summer depression show symptoms of classic depression including insomnia, anxiety, irritability, decreased appetite, weight loss, social withdrawal, an increased sex drive,and suicide.


Which brings me to the topic of this diet. At the moment I am well into P4 which means stabilization where I should be plus or minus 2 pounds from my last drop weight (the last day I take the homeopathic drops), which by the way is 97.1kg. This morning I was 97.4kg. Not too bad considering the fact that my weight fluctuates up and down from the LDW. I have been as low as 94.3kg at times. 


But the problem is I am so into desserts this time around. I have been nibbling and nibbling on cheesecakes and homemade cakes which some of the times have not been low-fat or low-carb as I would like them to be. Today, I did an optional fast day, and what did I do? I broke my fast this evening with two pieces of Kueh Bakar (a traditional delicacy made of wheat flour, white sugar, pure coconut milk, eggs and ghee... Yeah, man!) and a sliver of blueberry cheesecake with black coffee. I then washed it all down with an apple. That's it. No protein (except for minimal amounts in the cakes), just plain fat, sugar and starch. 


Kind of regretting it now. But it was good when it went down.


Lin has been complaining of the same uncontrollable symptoms when it comes to eating. Like I told her as well as like what I tell everyone else... it's the end of the year. Let's just enjoy December and start fresh in January.


I have decided to postpone my 3rd round until January 16th which would be my anniversary/YD's birthday. I figured I would give my body a break from HCG and see if I get the amazing results I had achieved during the first round instead of the lame results I got during R2.


2 more weeks of December people... Hang in there. And don't be S.A.D.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think:

Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Labels